Fire Damage Asbestos Removal
When asbestos is exposed to extreme heat, it can become brittle and breakable and transform into a very serious health hazard. For this reason, great care needs to be taken during cleanup after fire damage in a property that contains asbestos. Only licensed asbestos removal professionals should be trusted for the job.
Once broken and airborne, asbestos fibers can be inhaled by residents, employees, first responders, cleanup workers and more. This type of exposure can ultimately lead to asbestosis or mesothelioma cancer, so there are great reasons to act cautiously and wisely during and after a fire.
During a Fire
The danger of asbestos exposure begins during the fire. Smoke from house and building fires is always dangerous because it contains a mix of carbon dioxide, carbon monoxide, water vapor, fine particulate matter, hydrocarbons and non-organic and organic substances. However, inhaling smoke is especially harmful when it contains burned asbestos fibers.
To reduce your chances of asbestos exposure, keep at least 1,000 feet clear of burning debris. If possible, put on protective clothing and gear as quickly as possible.
Once the fire has been put out, the residue of ashes and half-burned materials is removed by cleanup crews. To ensure safety, potential asbestos sites should be examined before any crews begin their work. The only way to know for sure is to have it tested by experts.
Roofing materials, ceiling tiles, insulation, asphalt and flooring are some of the areas of buildings most likely to contain asbestos.
Get Help from Fire Damage Asbestos Removal Experts
After a fire, you need a quick response from abatement experts that can identify and remove any potential threats posed to your health by damaged asbestos. Asbestos Abatement Inc., the premier Denver asbestos removal contractor, is your best bet for a swift and safe recovery from fire.
Call 303-794-4450 or contact us today to arrange testing or abatement services right away!